Right of Way Permit

ROW Permit Application Submitted Prior to Work.  No person may construct, install, repair, remove, relocate, or perform any other work on, or use any facilities or any part thereof in the city limits without first applying for a Right-of-Way permit with the City of Pine City.  No work may be done in the right of way with out an approved permit.

Application Information.
  1. Complete and return “Right-of-Way Permit Application"
  2. Submit Certificate of Insurance from a company licensed to do business in the State of Minnesota providing coverage in at least the amounts listed below.  The Certificate shall name the City of PINE CITY as additional insured.
  3. Water and sewer contractors must submit a copy of their Minnesota Department of Health $25,000 Plumbing Contractors Bond
  4. Submit certificate of workers compensation insurance
  5. Submit $75.00 Permit Fee

Minimum Insurance requirements
GENERAL LIABILITY:  Public Liability, including premises, products and complete operations.

Bodily Injury Liability $500,000 each person
Property Damage Liability $1,000,000 each occurrence
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Combined  $1,500,000 single limit

COMPREHENSIVE:  Automobile Liability Insurance, including owned, non-owned and hired vehicles.
Such certificate shall verify that the registrant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the (i) use and occupancy of the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, and (ii) placement and use of equipment or facilities in the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, including but not limited to, protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground equipment and collapse of property.  Such certificate shall also name the City of Pine City as an additional insured as to whom the coverage’s required herein are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all such coverages.  Such certificate shall require that the City of Pine City be notified 30 days prior to cancellation of the policy.  
Notice of Changes. The registrant shall keep all of the information listed above current at all times by providing to the City of Pine City information as to changes within fifteen (15) days following the date on which the registrant has knowledge of any change.
Permits Required:     Permits are required for any work in the right-of-way.  The permit fees are listed below.  

Right-of Way Management Permit Fees 

Right of Way/Sidewalk Permit $75.00